Sign up for FREE Nerd-to-English Newsletter!
Nerd-to-English is about translating what we know (or need to know) for success!
Sponsored by Forte' Incorporated, a provider of:
* Assessment Services for
management and I.T.
* Evaluation of processes, procedures
* Training and Mentoring
For communication tips and ideas, follow Nerd-to-English on Twitter, at @nerdtoenglish!
- Panic Now
There is a big difference between panic and anxiety
- Your Data Is Gone, Have A Nice Day
Complete data loss and theft remain all too common
- Mission Impossible: 4 Reasons Compliance Is Impossible
Compliance, like security, is not a constant
- The Great Lie Of Compliance
If you believe you are fully compliant, then you are not
- 5 Overlooked Cloud-Based Compliance Dangers
Fully understanding risks helps avoid expensive surprises later
- Panic Now
- "Your Data Is Gone, Have A Nice Day" - Do you have a tested #backup plan? G http://t.co/pAI4tBdWR2 #Compliance 2013/05/20
- Look at them, don’t #stare at them. Staring is freaky. G #Communication 2013/05/17
- MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: 4 Reasons Compliance Is Impossible. G http://t.co/LHdiIuuRsd 2013/05/16
- Car alarms aren't really alarms any more. What are you a car alarm about? http://t.co/mQLoEYpQTN #EffectiveCommunication #Awareness 2013/05/16
customer service Archive
Sometimes what we are expected to listen to is not really worth hearing
We often forget to think about how our messages are seen by others.
If we can stop being our own obstacle, we’ll be better at avoiding self-deceptions that lead to poor choices.
Truth is not a fact or an absolute. It’s not even clearly defined with a single meaning.
What do you do with the failures? Do you distance yourself? Or something better?
Be careful to not kill your own reputation and brand.
Are customers just an unwelcome interruption to many businesses and their staff?
Beware of the message assassins, those who seek to kill your ideas or messages.
For many, there is either no time or no money to improve. That’s a big problem.
When buying something, did your salesperson make you happy or miserable? Why?
What is one of the most common differences in success and failure? Expectations.
Even when being great, missing the mark just once can create challenges that outlast all your good work.
It is the challenging situations that allow us to show we are true professionals.
Effective communication is highly dependent on our awareness of the people around us.