Sign up for FREE Nerd-to-English Newsletter!
Nerd-to-English is about translating what we know (or need to know) for success!
Sponsored by Forte' Incorporated, a provider of:
* Assessment Services for
management and I.T.
* Evaluation of processes, procedures
* Training and Mentoring
For communication tips and ideas, follow Nerd-to-English on Twitter, at @nerdtoenglish!
- Panic Now
There is a big difference between panic and anxiety
- Your Data Is Gone, Have A Nice Day
Complete data loss and theft remain all too common
- Mission Impossible: 4 Reasons Compliance Is Impossible
Compliance, like security, is not a constant
- The Great Lie Of Compliance
If you believe you are fully compliant, then you are not
- 5 Overlooked Cloud-Based Compliance Dangers
Fully understanding risks helps avoid expensive surprises later
- Panic Now
- Look at them, don’t stare at them. Staring is freaky. G #Communication 2013/05/23
- They Need Their Lies - Many love to embrace the #lies of their industry. Do you? G http://t.co/iss3X7p28k #Success 2013/05/22
- "Your Data Is Gone, Have A Nice Day" - Do you have a tested #backup plan? G http://t.co/pAI4tBdWR2 #Compliance 2013/05/20
- Look at them, don’t #stare at them. Staring is freaky. G #Communication 2013/05/17
Tech Professionals Archive
Are you part of a damaging, everyday “stealth mob” and don’t even realize it?
When buying something, did your salesperson make you happy or miserable? Why?
What is one of the most common differences in success and failure? Expectations.
How often do we give an answer but it has little to do with the question?
So many people start talking with an answer before they know the question.
You know what you mean. If someone else doesn’t understand, it must be his or her problem, right?
Broken discussions are expensive. They are black holes for wasted time, lost money, missed opportunity, unnecessary distress, and unfair loss...
Magnification, and its twin, Minimization, alters how we process and interact with the world.
There are groups that have a culture of confusing or meaningless communication.
You are great at communicating, right?
If something is not working, what will you do about it?
Failure is not always bad. Really.
Unchecked fear can not only limit our success, it limits what we attempt.
Change is hard for people despite that most of our lives are filled with change.
A common problem is frequent use of acronyms when talking with people that don’t know them.